Roasted Cauliflower with Cheese Sauce
- 2 cups Bechamel Sauce
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere or fontina cheese or crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Let bechamel cool 10 minutes, then whisk in cheese, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne. Cover cheese sauce and keep warm.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss cauliflower, with extra-virgin olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Roast until tender but not mushy, 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Serve cauliflower topped with cheese sauce.
SourceEveryday Food, October 2009