Under 30 Minutes
Tomato Gazpacho with Prosciutto-Mozzarella Sandwiches
Serve up a soup-and-sandwich combo, summer style: no-cook gazpacho and sandwiches with prosciutto and mozzarella.
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 baguette, split horizontally
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
Dice 2 tomatoes, and set aside for garnish; core and quarter remaining tomatoes. In two batches, puree quartered tomatoes with tomato juice, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon oil in a blender until very smooth, about 3 minutes; transfer to a large bowl. Season gazpacho with salt and pepper, and refrigerate until ready to serve (up to 1 day).
Drizzle cut sides of bread with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Layer prosciutto and mozzarella on bottom half of bread; season with salt and pepper. Close sandwich, and cut into quarters. Garnish soup with diced tomatoes, and drizzle with oil; serve sandwiches alongside.