Baby Spinach with Warm Olive Oil and Walnuts
Toasting the walnuts deepens their flavor. The olive oil they're cooked in is used to dress the salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2009
- 2 ounces walnuts (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces baby spinach, washed well (about 6 cups packed)
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine walnuts and oil in a small saucepan over medium-
low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until walnuts are
toasted, about 15 minutes.
Toss spinach with vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
Top with walnuts, and drizzle with warm olive oil.