Under 30 Minutes
Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps
Instead of going for takeout, go light with a standout ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 package (3 3/4 ounces) cellophane or bean-thread noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 scallions, 3 sliced and 3 cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh, cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 leaves Boston lettuce
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into strips
Heat broiler, with rack 4 inches from heat. Place steak on a large rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Broil until medium-rare, 10 to 12 minutes, turning halfway through. Let rest 10 minutes; thinly slice against the grain.
While steak rests, cook noodles according to package instructions; drain, and return to pot. Add 1 tablespoon oil and sliced scallions; season with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, combine lime juice, cilantro, garlic, and 1 tablespoon oil; season sauce with salt and pepper. Fill lettuce leaves with beef, mango, and scallion lengths; drizzle with sauce. Serve with noodles.
SourceEveryday Food, January 2008