Tomato and Goat-Cheese Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
Nothing compares with the juiciness of summer tomatoes; celebrate their flavor and color in this tomato-centric salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2008
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 3 medium tomatoes, cored and sliced crosswise 1 inch thick
In a blender, combine basil, oil, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon water. Blend until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
With dental floss or a warm knife (wiped clean after each slice), thinly slice cheese. Arrange tomatoes and goat cheese on a serving plate; drizzle with dressing to taste. Serve garnished with basil leaves.