Couscous with Golden Raisins
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Israeli couscous
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Heat oil in a 4-quart pot over medium-high. Add couscous; stir to coat with oil and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the water and raisins; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until couscous is tender and has absorbed the liquid, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Fluff with a fork and stir in butter before serving.