Lemony Baby Broccoli
Keep a close eye on vegetables; cooking them just until they are crisp-tender will enhance the flavor and preserve more of their nutrients.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2007
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bunches baby broccoli (6 to 8 ounces each), tough ends trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes, (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus wedges for serving
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add broccoli, garlic, and, if using, red-pepper flakes. Cook until broccoli is bright green, about 2 minutes.
Add 1/4 cup water to skillet; cover, and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve immediately, garnished with lemon wedges.