Baked Pears with Raspberry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 firm, ripe Bartlett pears, (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled, halved, and cored (stems left intact)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In an ovenproof skillet, combine butter, sugar, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg. Add pears, cut side down; cover with foil. Bake, turning pears over halfway through, until tender when pierced with the tip of a paring knife, about 25 minutes.
Lift pear halves with a slotted spoon, allowing any juices to drip back into skillet, and divide among four serving plates. Bring liquid in skillet to a boil over medium heat. Add cream; cook until slightly thickened, 1 minute. Stir in raspberries. Spoon sauce over pears; serve.