Seared-Chicken Salad with Cherries and Goat Cheese Dressing
Cherries aren't only for jams and pies -- these juicy, ruby red summer beauties are ripe for the picking in this refreshing salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2008
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 1 head Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 pound (2 cups) Bing cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, goat cheese, chives, vinegar, and 2 tablespoons water; season with salt and pepper. Set dressing aside.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Working in batches, cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Thinly slice chicken crosswise.
Divide lettuce among 4 plates; top with chicken, cherries, and walnuts. Serve salad with dressing alongside.