Fall Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
This salad is highlighted by different greens, a bit of real maple syrup and crumbled blue cheese.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2009
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 heads Belgian endive, halved, cored, and sliced
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems removed
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese (such as Stilton)
Whisk together olive oil, cider vinegar, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine Belgian endive, watercress, celery, and apple. Toss with dressing. Serve salad sprinkled with blue cheese.