Frisee Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
Try this delicious warm salad with bacon on a cool fall night.
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large or 2 small heads frisee, washed and dried, trimmed and torn into bite-sized pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, washed and dried
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp and fat has rendered. Transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate and set aside. Remove and discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat from the skillet. Reduce heat to low; add olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice and sugar. Cook, stirring, until sugar has dissolved and dressing is well combined.
Combine frisee, parsley, and celery in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Toss salad with dressing and reserved bacon; serve immediately.