Cinnamon Broiled Chicken with Raita
In this Indian-inspired meal, cinnamon is sprinkled on chicken. Cumin and cilantro, other traditional Indian seasonings, are stirred into raita, a yogurt-based condiment.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2003
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (about 3 pounds) chicken, cut-up
- 1 (about 3/4 pound) cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/4 cup whole-milk plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, or parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, mix 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cinnamon. Sprinkle on the chicken. Put chicken, skin side down, on a broiler pan, and broil about 6 inches from the heat for 15 minutes. Turn chicken, and broil until skin is crisp and brown, about 15 minutes more.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together cucumber, yogurt, sour cream, cilantro, cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve chicken hot, with raita on the side.