Roasted Mushroom and Potato Salad
This is your chance to try oyster or cremini mushrooms, if you haven't already, in this warm salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, October 2009
- 1 package (10.5 ounces) oyster or cremini mushrooms, trimmed (halved if using cremini)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound red new potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sherry or red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons capers (optional), rinsed
Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss mushrooms with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. On another rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast until mushrooms are browned and potatoes are cooked through, about 20 minutes, tossing once and rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer to a bowl and toss with parsley, vinegar, and capers, if desired.