Under 30 Minutes
This medley is cooked just long enough, leaving vegetables with plenty of crunch.
- 6 ears of corn, husked
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
Carefully slice kernels from corn using a sharp knife.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and season with 1 tablespoon salt. Cook beans until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes; remove using a wire-mesh skimmer, and spread out on a baking sheet or plate to cool.
Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook scallions and celery seeds until scallions begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add corn and 1 teaspoon salt, and cook until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in beans and paprika. Season with salt and pepper, and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.