Grilled Pork Skewers with Couscous
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 1994
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon (about 4 sprigs) fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grill
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 cup couscous
Mix mustard, honey, lemon juice, thyme, salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon oil, and half the garlic in a large bowl. Add pork; cover and let stand for at least 1/2 hour.
Heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add remaining garlic and the onion. Cook until translucent, about 4 minutes; add zucchini and peppers, raise heat, and cook until just soft, about 5 minutes more. Add couscous and 1 cup boiling water; stir well. Turn off heat, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat grill or grill pan to medium hot; brush with oil. Thread pork on skewers; season with salt and pepper. Grill on each side until done. Serve over couscous.