Emeril's Macaroni Salad
Try this delicious pasta salad, a favorite with Emeril Lagasse and his family.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup pitted Cerignola olives (or your favorite olives), sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook macaroni until al dente. In a small skillet, cook prosciutto over medium until crisp; discard fat.
Combine shallot, vinegar, and mustard in a large bowl; whisk in oil in a slow, steady stream. Add tomato, cheese, prosciutto, olives, and capers.
Drain pasta; add to bowl with tomato mixture, and toss. Add parsley; season with salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature, and serve.
SourceEveryday Food, July/August 2008