- Yield: Makes about 1 cup
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, April 2006
- 1/2 cup grade B maple syrup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark-brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
In a large skillet, combine maple syrup, sugar, salt, and cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
Raise heat to medium-high, and let cook until thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
Remove from heat, and stir in the vanilla, butter, and pecans.
Let cool to room temperature before serving. Sauce keeps, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.