Tomato and Basil Pasta
Here's a formula for effortless summer food: the freshest ingredients plus a cook's restraint. Take this pasta. Just tear some bright-red tomatoes with your hands, pluck a little basil, and toss with seasoned pasta and dollops of creamy cheese. Crack black pepper on top, and dinner is ready.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 pound cooked and drained short pasta (such as campanelle)
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 pound burrata (igourmet.com) or mozzarella cheese
- Small basil leaves
Combine olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Toss in cooked and drained pasta. Tear tomatoes and cheese; scatter over pasta. Garnish with basil leaves, and sprinkle with pepper.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, August 2010