Roasted Pepper Sauce
- Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for baking sheet
- 8 ounces plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper (12 ounces), quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 4 medium cloves garlic
- Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet. Combine the tomatoes, red pepper, and garlic on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 6 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Roast until vegetables are soft, and brown around the edges, 45 to 50 minutes. Squeeze garlic pulp from skins; discard skins.
Transfer vegetables to the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add vegetable mixture, thyme, and vinegar and cook until heated through. Taste and adjust for seasoning.