Guacamole with Black Beans
Is that pebbly sludge, dredged up from a swamp, or creamy Halloween guacamole studded with black beans and minced chiles? Only a bite will reveal the true tastiness in the bowl. Dark-blue corn tortilla chips are a must for dipping.
- Yield: Makes 3 cups
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno chile (seeds removed, if desired)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced chipotle in adobo
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice (from 1 to 2 limes)
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Blue corn tortilla chips, for serving
Combine beans, salt, onion, jalapeno, chipotle, garlic, and lime juice in a bowl. Mash avocados; stir into bean mixture with cilantro. Serve immediately, with chips.