Chicken cutlets, zucchini, and onions, grilled together, make the perfect burgers for poultry lovers. You can also try a thin New York strip steak in place of the chicken cutlet.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2010
- 1 large zucchini, cut on the diagonal into eight 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 8 chicken cutlets (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 plain or poppy-seed rolls
- Sliced tomatoes
- Baby arugula
Heat a grill to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Brush zucchini, onion, and chicken with extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill until zucchini and onion are crisp-tender and chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. In a small bowl, combine Dijon mustard and mayonnaise.
Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard mixture on top half of rolls. Serve chicken on rolls with grilled vegetables, tomatoes, and baby arugula.