Easy Mediterranean Tuna Melt
This is a surprising Mediterranean twist on the classic tuna melt, made with canned tuna, chickpeas, olives, and Parmesan cheese.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2005
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) chunk light tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) Italian bread, split lengthwise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat broiler. In a bowl, combine first 8 ingredients (through mustard); season with salt and pepper.
Lay bread, cut side up, on a broiler-proof baking sheet; top with tuna mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Broil until golden, 2 to 4 minutes. Cut into pieces; serve.