No-boil noodles save time because you don't have to boil them; they soften as they absorb the liquid from other ingredients.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2006
- Olive oil, for baking dish
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 medium zucchini (8 ounces each), halved lengthwise, then sliced thinly crosswise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 ounces shredded (1/2 cup) part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking dish; set aside.
In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and ricotta; season with salt and pepper. In another medium bowl, combine zucchini, garlic, and oregano; season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
Spread 1/3 zucchini mixture in prepared baking dish; top with two lasagna noodles, then 1/3 ricotta mixture. Repeat twice with remaining zucchini mixture, noodles, and ricotta mixture, finishing with the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
Cover baking dish with aluminum foil; bake until bubbly and noodles are tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove foil; bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.