Wild Rice with Mushrooms and Parsley
If you can't find wild rice, a wild-rice blend also works well -- just omit any seasoning packet. Good with chicken, steak, or seared fish.
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound button mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Cook rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are browned, about 13 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in cooked rice and remove from heat. Stir in parsley and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.