Simple Giblet Stock
This simple giblet stock adds exquisite flavor to our Roasted Dry-Brined Turkey.
- Yield: Makes 4 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2008
- Giblets and neck reserved from 1 turkey
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, scrubbed and coarsely chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 6 cups cold water
Put all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover partially, and gently simmer, skimming foam from surface as needed, until reduced to 4 cups, about 2 hours. Strain, and discard solids. Use immediately, or cover, and refrigerate for up to 1 week.