Grilled Potatoes with Rosemary
A mix of red and sweet potatoes grilled with a coating of rosemary-infused oil makes a crisp yet tender side dish.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 10
Photography: Petrina Tinslay
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2010
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed well and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed well and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed and crushed
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons salt and the red potatoes. Return to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until just tender, about 7 minutes. Remove potatoes using a slotted spoon. Return water to a boil. Add sweet potatoes, and simmer until just tender, 4 to 7 minutes. Drain. Gently toss red and sweet potatoes with oil and rosemary; season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Heat grill to medium-high. Gently toss potatoes, and transfer to grill; reserve bowl with oil. Grill potatoes, turning occasionally, until charred and heated through, 6 to 7 minutes. Brush potatoes with oil from bowl.