Sirloin and Summer-Vegetable Kebabs with Chimichurri
When you have a craving for that smoky, charred flavor, fire up the coals and thread veggies, onion, and balsamic-vinegar-marinated beef onto skewers. Serve the grilled kebabs drizzled with zesty chimichurri, a thick fresh-herb sauce.
- 1 pound beef sirloin tips (cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small yellow summer squash
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
Marinate beef sirloin tips in 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and freshly ground pepper in a shallow dish for 30 minutes. Soak 4 wooden skewers in water. Meanwhile, slice zucchini and summer squash into 1/2-inch rounds. Cut onion into wedges and red bell pepper into 1-inch pieces.
Heat grill to medium-high. Thread beef onto skewers, alternating with vegetables. Grill for 7 to 8 minutes per side. Whisk together parsley, fresh oregano, garlic cloves, extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh lemon juice, and coarse salt. Drizzle sauce over kebabs.