Inside-Out Lobster Roll
This deconstructed delicacy gets the star out of the bun and dresses it up in lemon butter. With a few plump brioche croutons on the side, the dish is complete.
- Servings: 2
Photography: Hans Gissinger
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2010
- 2 lobsters (1 1/2 pounds each)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 loaf brioche (crusts removed)
- Sea salt (preferably Maldon)
- Lemon wedges
- Fresh tarragon, for garnish
Steam lobsters in a large pot, covered, for 14 minutes. Transfer to a plate; let cool. Remove meat from shells.
Whisk together 2 tablespoons of the butter, melted, with lemon juice; toss with meat. Cut brioche into 1 1/2-inch cubes. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet. Toast bread until golden; toss with sea salt.
and bread between 2 plates.
Serve with lemon wedges
for squeezing, and garnish
with fresh tarragon.