This tasty marinade -- hot but not punishing -- is so easy it will quickly make its way into your regular rotation.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2010
- 20 large shrimp (about 1 pound), peeled and deveined (tails left intact; optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno chile (stem, ribs, and seeds removed), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Toss together shrimp, garlic, jalapeno, lime juice, and 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Marinate in refrigerator for 45 minutes.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove shrimp from marinade, and add to skillet; cook through, about 2 minutes per side.