Under 30 Minutes
Asian Rotisserie Chicken Salad
For a salad with the best texture, shred the chicken instead of cubing it. The technique is simple: Holding a fork, tines down, in each hand, pull the meat into pieces along the grain.
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves and soft stems
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 rotisserie chicken (about 2 1/2 pounds), skin and bones removed, meat shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 medium red cabbage (8 ounces), cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 red bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup cashews
Make dressing: In a blender, combine cilantro, lime juice, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, cabbage, bell pepper, and scallions; season with salt and pepper. In another large bowl, toss lettuce with 1/2 cup dressing. Divide among four bowls, and top with chicken mixture. Drizzle all with remaining dressing, and sprinkle with cashews.