Easy Roasted Carrots and Shallots
This carrot and shallot side dish goes well with roast chicken.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2007
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 3-inch lengths, thick pieces halved lengthwise
- 12 ounces shallots (about 10), peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss carrots, shallots, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Bake until tender, 30 to 35 minutes, tossing once halfway through. Add parsley and lemon juice; toss to combine.