This simple but delicious salad comes from fashion designer Dennis Basso. It pairs nicely with his Shrimp Scampi.
- Servings: 8
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, December 2009
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bunches baby arugula, stems removed, washed, and thoroughly dried
- 1 medium red onion, halved, and thinly sliced
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, for serving
Place arugula and onion slices in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Serve with shaved parmesan.