Basic Basil Pesto
A special thanks to whoever invented the food processor, which lets us whip up this tasty pesto in 5 minutes flat.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 3/4 cup
Source: Everyday Food, June 2010
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 cups packed fresh basil leaves (2 1/4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
On a cutting board, sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt over garlic and roughly chop. Using a flat side of the knife blade, crush mixture into a thick paste. Add to a food processor with pine nuts, basil, and 1 tablespoon oil. Pulse until ingredients are finely chopped. With machine running, add remaining oil in a slow, steady stream. Add Parmesan and pulse to combine. Season with salt and pepper.