El Gordo Burger
Roy Ramirez Jr., the Toyota Block Party Winner, shared this recipe for his el gordo burger.
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 pounds ground chuck beef
- 6 scallions, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground barbecue seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Prepared barbecue sauce, for brushing
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Unsalted butter, for buns, if desired
- Lettuce, for serving (optional)
- Sliced tomatoes, for serving (optional)
In a large bowl, mash together avocado and garlic salt; set aside.
In another large bowl, mix together ground beef, scallions, barbecue seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce. Gently form into four 1-inch-thick patties.
Preheat a grill or grill pan. Grill meat, turning every 3 to 4 minutes. Brush meat with barbecue sauce during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Cook meat until no longer pink, about 15 minutes total.
Butter hamburger buns, if desired, and place on grill until toasted. Spread buns with avocado mixture. Place burgers on buns and top with lettuce and tomato, if desired. Serve immediately.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, September Fall 2007