Roasted Peppers with Garlic and Herbs
This side pairs well with London broil, lamb burgers, or grilled chicken.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Roland Bello
Source: Everyday Food, June 2010
- 4 bell peppers (red, yellow, or orange), halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, torn
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place peppers, cut side up, on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Divide garlic among peppers. Sprinkle with oregano and season with salt and pepper. Roast until flesh is tender and skin is blistered in spots, 35 minutes. Transfer peppers to a platter and top with a small handful torn basil leaves.