This vegetarian wrap, made with a flour tortilla, is a salad you can eat with your hands. Pack it for a lunch on the go.
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) black beans, or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas, (10 inches in diameter)
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large green-leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/4-inch dice, for serving (optional)
- 1 mango, cut into 1/4-inch dice, for serving (optional)
With a potato masher or fork, mash together beans, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
Spread 2 tablespoons bean mixture on each tortilla halfway between the center and bottom edge. Top with 1 to 2 tablespoons each diced tomato and cheese; cover with a lettuce leaf.
Fold sides of tortilla over filling; roll from bottom to form a cylinder. Roll in waxed paper and fold ends over; tape to secure. Cut wraps in half diagonally. Serve with avocado and mango, if desired.
SourceMartha Stewart Kids, Early Summer