Ricotta Tart with Chocolate and Kumquats
This elegant version of a simple icebox pie pairs a cookie crust with a kumquat-and-chocolate-studded filling.
For the Crust
- 5 ounces chocolate wafers (about 24 cookies)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
For the Filling
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta (12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 kumquats, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
For the crust: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pulse wafers in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl, and stir in butter, sugar, and salt. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch tart pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
For the filling: Beat together ricotta, cream, sugar, and cinnamon until fluffy. Fold in half the kumquats and half the chocolate. Pour into cooled crust. Top with remaining kumquats and chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or overnight) before serving.