Crispy Chicken Wings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, for baking sheets
- 1 bag (7 to 9 ounces) salted corn tortilla chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 12 whole chicken wings, (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup red or green prepared salsa, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line two rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil; brush lightly with oil. Set aside. In a food processor, pulse chips in two batches until finely ground (you should have about 2 cups ground chips); transfer to a large shallow dish.
In a separate bowl, whisk eggs; season with paprika, salt, and pepper. Working in two batches, place wings in egg mixture. Remove wings one by one, letting excess egg fall off. Transfer to dish containing ground chips; toss to coat, patting mixture on with hands. Arrange coated wings on prepared baking sheets.
Bake, switching pans from top to bottom shelf halfway through, until lightly browned and tender, 40 to 45 minutes. Season wings with salt. Serve with salsa, if desired.