Serve these mushrooms with a loaf of rustic bread and a soft, creamy cheese, like an herb-coated Camembert. Allow plenty of time for the tarragon to soak in.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 1998
- 12 ounces small white button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, (1 large lemon)
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Using a damp towel, gently wipe dirt from mushrooms. Trim the stems flush with the caps; discard stems.
Place mushrooms in a medium bowl, and add the remaining ingredients. Toss to combine. Set mushrooms aside at room temperature, stirring occasionally, to marinate, at least 20 minutes or up to 4 hours. Serve at room temperature.