Green Salad with Radishes and Manchego
A modern dinner party needs a traditional twist. Serve this palate-cleansing salad after the main course.
- 10 cups mixed small lettuce greens, such as Bibb, oak leaf, frisee, baby spinach, and red leaf (about 10 ounces total)
- 4 radishes, ends trimmed
- 2 ounces shaved manchego cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Wash and dry greens. Thinly slice radishes and combine with greens and manchego shavings. Cover with a damp paper towel and refrigerate.
In a small bowl, whisk shallots, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil until combined.
When you're ready to serve, toss the salad with the vinaigrette.
SourceBlueprint, March/April 2007