- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 medium soft-shell crabs, cleaned
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- Celeriac Salad
Line a baking sheet with paper towels; set aside. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large shallow dish. Dredge crabs in seasoned flour, tapping off excess; set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and oil to skillet. When butter has melted, add crabs and cook until deep golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer crabs to a prepared baking sheet to drain. Sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.