Grilled Lemon Chicken with Tabbouleh
Keep your cool this summer with this simple, fast, and fresh meal.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2009
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved, seeded, and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds total)
Heat grill to high. In a small saucepan, bring 3/4 cup water to a simmer. Add bulgur, season with salt and pepper, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 10 minutes; fluff bulgur with a fork. In a medium bowl, combine bulgur, parsley, cucumber, tomato, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon oil; toss tabbouleh to combine.
In a small bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Clean and lightly oil hot grates. Season chicken with salt and pepper; grill until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Brush chicken with lemon mixture and serve with tabbouleh.