Lamb Burger with Yogurt Sauce
Ground beef or pork are other great options for this burger instead of lamb.
- Servings: 1
Source: Everyday Food, March 2010
- 1-inch piece cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 pound ground lamb
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 hamburger bun, toasted
In a small bowl, mix together cucumber, garlic, yogurt, and lemon juice; set yogurt sauce aside. Form lamb into about a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Sprinkle both sides with coriander and season with salt and pepper.
In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add lamb patty to skillet and cook 3 minutes. Flip and cook just until cooked through (a little pink in the center is fine), 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer patty to bun and top with yogurt sauce.