Quick Cucumber and Red-Onion Pickled Salad
This salad is best when served very cold.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Amy Neusinger
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2001
- 1 large red onion, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled if waxed, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh dill, picked from thick stems, or more to taste
Place sliced onion and cucumbers in a serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with rice-wine vinegar. Toss to combine, and transfer to refrigerator to chill, about 30 minutes.
Just before serving, scatter dill over salad, and toss well.