Goat-Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
These stuffed mushrooms make great bite-size appetizers.
- Yield: Makes about 24
Photography: José Manuel Picayo Rivera
Source: Everyday Food, October 2007
- Olive oil, for baking sheet
- 3 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 small garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 log (5 ounces) soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) white button mushrooms, stems removed
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet.
In a food processor, pulse bread and garlic until fine crumbs form; set 1/2 cup aside. To food processor, add goat cheese, parsley, and red-pepper flakes. Season with salt, and pulse filling until combined.
Spoon filling into each mushroom, and roll filled side in reserved breadcrumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet; bake until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.