Rosemary-Manchego Tart Dough
This recipe goes with our Apple-Onion Tarts.
- 1 small parsnip (about 4 ounces), peeled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup finely grated manchego cheese (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup ice water
Finely grate parsnip (you will need 1/2 cup). Place on a clean kitchen towel (do not use paper towels), and squeeze to extract as much liquid as possible.
Pulse parsnip, flour, salt, sugar, pepper, butter, cheese, and rosemary in a food processor. Add yolk, and pulse to combine. With machine running, add ice water in a slow, steady stream, processing until dough just comes together (no longer than 15 seconds). Shape into a disk, and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or up to 2 days).
SourceMartha Stewart Living, October 2007