Celery Root and Apple Slaw
Celery root, also called celeriac, has a crunchy texture and a mild celery taste that pair well with tart green apple and a savory-sweet dressing. Allow enough time to let the slaw stand so that the flavors have a chance to mingle.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2009
- 1 small celery root (about 12 ounces), trimmed, peeled, and cut into matchsticks (2 cups)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into matchsticks (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh cider
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.