Grilled Tuna Skewers
Fresh herbs and lime juice brighten these skewers of silken tuna.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2008
- 1 1/2 pounds sushi-grade yellowfin tuna. cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat a grill pan over medium heat or preheat a charcoal or gas grill to medium. (If you're using a charcoal grill, coals are ready when you can hold your hand 5 inches above grill for just 5 to 6 seconds.) Toss tuna with 1 tablespoon oil. Thread tuna onto 4 skewers.
Combine cilantro, lime juice, and 1/4 cup oil. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve 3 tablespoons.
Brush pan or grill grate with remaining tablespoon oil. Grill tuna, turning skewers and brushing tuna occasionally with lime sauce, to desired doneness, about 2 minutes per side for rare. Transfer skewers to a serving plate, and brush with reserved lime sauce. Serve immediately.