Under 30 Minutes
Grilled Steak Sandwiches with Goat Cheese and Arugula
- Vegetable oil, for grates
- 3 boneless rib-eye steaks (each about 1 pound and 1 inch thick), excess fat removed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large red onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 baguettes, split
- 5 ounces fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- 2 bunches arugula (about 10 ounces total), stems trimmed
Heat grill to high; lightly oil grates. Season steaks with salt and pepper; grill 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate; let rest 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, grill onion until tender and charred, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; separate into rings. (To store, refrigerate steaks and onion, up to 1 day.)
Assemble sandwiches: Thinly slice steaks against the grain. Dividing evenly, spread top halves of bread with cheese, and bottom halves with mustard. Pile steak, onion, and arugula on bottom halves; close sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into quarters, and serve.
SourceEveryday Food, June 2008