Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Recipe
Our Parmesan-crusted chicken recipe is an easy yet impressive recipe that's great even on busy weeknights. Sprinkle chicken with Parmesan to make a crunchy crust that puts a little twist on your usual chicken. This Parmesan-crusted chicken recipe was contributed by "Everyday Food" reader Lorraine Radke of Sacramento, California.
- 4 slices firm white sandwich bread, torn into large pieces
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
In a food processor, pulse bread, Parmesan, parsley, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper until fine crumbs form. Transfer mixture to one shallow bowl; place egg in another.
One at a time, dip each chicken cutlet into egg; let excess drip off, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Press on crumbs firmly.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook cutlets, two at a time, adding remaining tablespoon oil for second batch, until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Wipe skillet clean. Add lemon juice and 1/4 cup water; cook over low until steaming, 1 minute. Add mustard. Remove pan from heat, and stir in butter until combined. Serve cutlets with sauce.